Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Long Time Coming...

Well, after months of being away what can I say?  I can tell you the truth.  I've been busy beyond words helping to develop my website for children's books.

I think that most of you know about six years ago I sold a book (and a series of ten more) to a publisher in Canada.  The books were based on my horse Tango.  The series was my heart.  I was excited beyond belief.  Then the illustrator and the publisher got into a legal battle that could not be resolved. I got my rights back just after the first book was illustrated.

I won't go into the long saga again, but for those of you who don't know, my book was stolen.  I found out when someone said, "My granddaughter loves your book."
"Which one?" I asked.
"Tango and Tilly," she replied.

My book was being sold all over the internet.  I contacted an attorney who said it would cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars to pursue legal action because the layers of the internet are so deep.

So I moped around for a very long time.  Then, with a little help from my friends, I decided to try to develop a website based around Tango and the stories that almost write themselves.  The website is for kids who love animals. The website comes from my heart.

Please take a minute and visit Tango and Tilly at www.tangoandtilly.com

If you don't have a Kindle or an e-reader you can download one for free and your kids can read the books right from their computers.  Here's where to get the free e-reader devices:
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

This has been a long time coming.  I can't tell you how much your support means to me.  

Jan
PS  We have our own facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tango-and-Tilly/501116023290637  Like us!

17 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Awesome site and welcome back to the blogland shack. Dirty rotten sobs who steal deserve to be stuck with a spiky wheel lol

Rose Bruno Bailey said...

Congrats one the amazing site. xo

Ziggy Stardust said...

I have always been a fan and I am so happy that you can share Tango with the world!


Anne and Sasha

Ziggy Stardust said...

I ran off and forgot to tell you that I ordered 3 of your books and am planning a give away on Sasha's blog if you don't mind. I would also like to mention you when I do. Please let me know if that is ok. I don't want to do anything without telling you first.

Anne

Jan Mader said...

Of course Anne! You just made my morning. I'm singing from my rooftop!!!!!

Mary Lou said...

Jan....
Thanks again, for the comments!! And welcome back to Blogging, Friend!!
--Raelyn

Jan Mader said...

Thank you Raelyn!!!! I'm glad to be back and able to really have fun with words and you again!

Mary Lou said...

Jan....
PS. I am so sorry that those people stole your book, but I'm glad to "see" you are no longer moping around!! Take it from a Drama Queen who struggles with her own share of mood swing-infused pity parties. Moping around is not good!! ;)
Again, welcome back!!
--Raelyn

Jan Mader said...

Your positivity is awesome Raelyn. I'm doing this on my own this time without a publisher. I think through networking it will work. And I DO want to share Tango with the world. Anne is right. Tango rings me so much joy!

CATachresis said...

Good for you, Jan! You have taken back control! It is so good to see you back in the blogosphere :)

BTW Do you like Austin's blog makeover? :)

Caro xox

Jan Mader said...

It is fabulous but then it was always terrific!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I am so happy for you!
love
tweedles

troutbirder said...

Oh my. From giant corporations to petty people there is much thievery in this world. Glad to see your coming back Jan. And I wish you well in your new endeavor...:)

Anonymous said...

What you do is entirely correct. I think you should take a trip to the Spirit of comfort. Where Where u. I would suggest to you this : vietnam travel agency in philadelphia | bhaya junk cruise halong bay | bai tho junk cruise halong bay | Asia travel agency

Anonymous said...

Thank you for providing me with useful information, we can organize a tour of Asean: Vietnam, Combodia, Myanmar, Thailand...you are interested please afford survey.

Kumo
Phuquoc homestay


Potty Racers 2 said...

This is so great. Many thanks friv4schoolonline.net

deraz said...

ابو الهول
شركات دهان دبى
صباغ رخيص بدبى

Followers