Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Haberdashery of Words!

I was away competing at a horse show all weekend. When I got home I looked at the list of words in the comment section of the last writing activity we did together.

I am so excited by all the new and interesting words, I don't want to stop. So, now you look at the last activity again and let's keep going! Listen for more amazing, beautiful, rhythmic words or phrases for the next few days. List them for no other reason than the way they sound.

Let's make more music for our ears together!

Here's my new word: dollop

Here's my new phrase: Click clop goes the horse!

Your turn to add to our very own thesaurus of fascinating words!

16 comments:

Valerie said...

What a fun activity...I was out of town and missed your last post!

I scrapbook for POSTERITY. (I don't know why I like that word so much; it just sort of rolls off of my tongue!)

Not Slim Shady said...

Serenity, Singularity, Serenade, Cicada.

I find words with 's' in the beginning are much nicer to say than other words.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

rhythmically

Tweedles -- that's me said...

tic toc the mice ran up the clock

Jan Mader said...

ridiculous rhinoceros

Although I have to agree with JUST ME AND TEDDY BEAR that words that begin with "S" are nice....

smithereens.....

Tweedles -- that's me said...

sensational
lulabye

Tweedles -- that's me said...

probability

Tweedles -- that's me said...

harmonious
peculiararities

CATachresis said...

sibilants

Ziggy Stardust said...

I love to tickle her tummy.

Butterfly.

Ladyslippers.

Tremendous orange pumpkins

Rachel Kimberly said...

Floccinaucinihilipilification

So fun to say (once you learn how!) I sometimes chant it to myself when I'm bored. It means "the action or habit of estimating something as worthless"

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas.....I sing that phrase over and over, and my hubby catches the fever from me, so we both sound ridiculous together!

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

I love this idea, Jan.

:-)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

predictability !!

Terri said...

Plethera

A plethera of thoughts, of deas and words to write them all down with.

I hoped I spelt that correctly I have a plethera of misspellings!

Terri said...

plethora is the correct way to spell it..I had a feeling I had it wrong.

Followers