We tend to perceive things by one sense and one sense only...at least at first. We stay in that comfortable box I keep talking about.
Think about some things that fit inside the box. We usually perceive a sandwich by how it tastes. We perceive pain by how it feels or yellow by how it looks.
Let's step outside our comfort zone for a few days and get perceptually creative! Chose one of the following things to write about using a different sense than you would usually use.
1. Write about how yellow might smell, taste, or feel.
2. Write about how pain looks or sounds.
3. Write about how an grapefruit sounds or feels.
4. Write about how a turkey sandwich sounds.
5. Write about how a skunk tastes.