Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Lazy Writer's Block

I've been a bad girl. I have two articles due to a magazine tomorrow and they're not done yet. Normally I would have had them completed weeks before deadline but something's wrong with me. I don't want to write them. Why? Because they're not fun. Sure they're worth a little money but they're boring. I've become spoiled by having so much fun right here with you.

So please do me a favor and give me a kick in the rear. I will not miss my deadline but I will not have my usual writing fun. Shame on me! At least I have work.

I have probably offered advice to you somewhere along the line about writer's block. If you remember what it was, please share! Any thoughts are welcome. Also, don't accept my excuses about what a busy couple of weeks I've had. Even though that's true, it's totally out of character for me to be this far behind!

I plan to catch up on my blogging and your posts very soon!

11 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

It is fun, isn't it? Yes, it keeps me from more 'important' things. OK, here's your kick in the butt... BONK! Now, get going! We'll be here when you get done.

Mel said...

Writer's block for me is often about procrastination. Not wanting to sit butt in chair and fumble thru notes. Often don't write soon after reporting a story and then it loses its luster. One thought: build in a reward. Today treated myself to movies w/a friend after writing a piece. Not much but at least acknowledgment that I finished the job.

Kas said...

I remember something that Roals Dahl wrote about stopping writing when one still has something to say. Not sure if that helps at all, for me what does help is being near water, especailly the sea as it has a rejuvenating effect. Goodluck.

CATachresis said...

I know what you mean Jan, although I've never had a deadline for publishing - just deadlines for uni assignments. If you're writing for fun it seems the brain cells come together and work as a team a lot more happily than if you're writing for moolah. Then you can find you have brain cell mutiny on your hands!

DJan said...

I think we need the other side to remember how much fun it usually is to create words on a page. Maybe do something whimsical by making a game out of boring writing. I used to be okay once I got started... my job was to write boring stuff all the time.

Julie P said...

Come on get writing and then you can get back to the fun stuff!!

Julie xx

Richard Kendall said...

Hi, Jan
I'm new here but not new to writing. I have been doing a miserable job at it for years! I love to write but only about topics simple enough to bounce around my brain and register in my cranial fun cells. Send me off to a political function, ask me to scribble notes of blithering I hear and then form them into an article...and I will complete it....and submit it...but I will loath every moment. Oops, gotta go. In brief, pull your writing overalls up, straps over the shoulders, sink your feet into your writing boots, and get down into the trenches. Do what you must and then go back to the fun stuff when you've met your obligations. Good luck!

Janie B said...

Consider yourself "kicked." We'll still be here.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

It's time to do homework, and its never fun, unless you have friends around.
So, I will grab your leg, knock you down, shake you - then jump on you if you don't get busy.
Time to do your homework- then come out to play.
love
tweedles

Paula RC said...

Hey, come on get to it!

Is that of any help? :-)

Sandy said...

Just keep telling yourself $$= Fun, The more $$$$$ the more fun. Count the $$$$$$ count the fun.

Work is good, hang in there
Sandy

Followers